Who is InvitedSince this is a semi-invitational, here are some guidelines to help you determine if you are "invited". Actually, most of the following determines who is not invited.
- If you are even the least bit worried or concerned about getting lost, don't come.
- If you have questions, don't come.
- If you need a crew, don't come.
- If you need toilet paper to wipe your ass after shitting in the woods, don't come.
- If you expect to be pampered in any way shape or form, don't come.
- If you're a whiner, don't come.
- If you're a freeloader, don't come.
- If you're seeking fame and/or fortune, don't come.
- If you're thinking about writing a report about your experience at XXX, don't come.
- If you crave abuse, if you yearn for abuse, if you are addicted to abuse in any way shape or form (be it physical, mental, sexual, verbal, mathematical, artistic or whatevah) BY ALL MEANS, BE MY GUEST. (This applies to abusees only. Abusers are not welcome. The only abuser allowed is the trail.)
I discovered NEO Trail Member Jim Harris was planning on running it. This coincided with my 4 day weekend from work, and I decided to come along for some of the fun. It's very hilly, with climbs up to 4000 feet to two separate Mountains. So, good training for me, to run 25 or 50 miles on the course.
Now, night before leaving town, we are still not sure who will be going from NEO Trail. One member was brought down by work obligations, another is still pending, depending on the flu.
I'm at the very "antsy" moment pre-run/race. Most of my stuff is packed. The weather reports are looking rather favorably. I haven't run in..two days..sufficient taper, as this weekend is just training for me.
It's new trail for me, since I haven't been here before. I hope to get back to town Monday and post some great pics of where I have been!
Now I need to go check the weather channel again..