Tuesday, June 3, 2014
Summer Bucket List
It's June, and although not technically "summer" yet, the first of June always feels like summer to me!
I decided to create one of those "Bucket Lists" for some must do's for the summer, before it's over and I feel like I haven't done anything!
1. Climb a 14'er. Hopefully this will be Handies Peak. Handies Peak, elevation 14,058 ft, is a summit in the San Juan Mountains of southwest Colorado. I will be at Camp Hardrock in July volunteering at the Run, this is on my agenda!
2. Go swimming. I know this might seem like a no-brainer for most people, but my husband doesn't like water. There's no pools near by. I may go back to my own stomping/training ground in Coshocton, and visit Lake Park.
3. Eat an ice cream sundae. I don't eat ice cream that often, but I will make sure to do this!
4. Run a 5K. This is also on my list of 14 in 14, so I am double dipping. I just need to find one close to home.
5. Go fishing. I have a pond. With fish. I have fishing poles. I like to eat fish. Go fish!
6. Slack line! Get it set up again!
7. Run at AEP Land
ReCreation Land is a 60,000-acre outdoor recreation area built on land once strip mined for its rich coal deposits. ReCreation Land offers a number of outdoor activities and is free to the public. This is only about one hour away from me.
8. Visit Fallingwater. Although I've been in Ohio Pyle numerous times, it's always running. I need to see the famous house before getting dirty on the trails.
9. Visit a brewery. I'm hoping this will be Ska Brewery in Durango, CO!!!
10. Run at Barkcamp State Park-another state park about one hour away from me, still haven't visited, even though I know they have trails to run on there!
Any other good ideas for summertime amusement or recreation?